• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power Steering ID and ?s

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
The power steering pump that came with my Bronco is groaning like a beast. Time for a new pump. This is my DD and I'm trying to replace parts with new ones, not u-pull it stuff (Katrina flooded everything here anyway).

So, does anyone know what this pump is? I know it's not a saginaw and it doesn't look like the originals I've seen. Anyone know what the brackets are?

Are the brackets usable with a saginaw / delphi pump? (It seems to sit higher than most saginaw's I've seen.) And the whole row of washers as a spacer is kinda scary.

Attachments

• Bracket1.jpg
    Bracket1.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Pump1.jpg
    Pump1.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Bracket2.jpg
    Bracket2.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Bracket3.jpg
    Bracket3.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 21

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Looks like the pump that was on my Bronco II. Typical POS ford pump. The bracket won't work with a sag pump. I would highly recommend going to a saginaw pump. It's a night and day difference. Might cost a little bit up front, but it's worth it. You can find OEM saginaw brackets pretty easy in the pull-a-parts. They were common in 70's era ford vans among other things.

67u13

Loc.
austin texas
that is the same junk pump they put on ford trucks from somewhere around 1980 all the way up to my 1995 bronco. They suck, throw it through your local ford dealerships window and go buy a saginaw. I have even replaced that unit with a brand new one from ford and had it groan(yes I bled the system)

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Ok, I'm just gonna pull it all and replace it. I'm going for "new" anyway, so I'll just order some parts. When I get new brackets, do they bolt up in the same location as what I've got. It seems that this P/S pump sits high.