• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Bronco Leans

huss43

I installed a new 2.5 inch lift kit from Wild Horses. Did everything correct in terms of the front axle radius arm mounts. And from the get go my rear driver corner is 1 inch lower than the passenger. Measured at the top of the bed rail. It is driving me nuts. I took it too a frame bender that laser measured it and my frame is as straight as an arrow. At the time I also installed new body mounts.

It didnt seem to lean before this lift, but it is hard to say since I removed a 4 inch body lift, 38 inch tires and a 4 lift kit from it at the time.

I also had the spring in question re-arched and that has not solved my problem.

The frame bender recommended new springs or shimming the body.

Any comments on this would be appreciated. Thanks - Mark Huss

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Just to bring my post over from you other thread....

"Just curious, but has it always leaned since the lift was new?
Have you switched them from one side to the other to prove that its not the "bronco lean" caused by the front c-bushings?
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/tech_faqs_bronco_lean.asp
Just trying to save you some money....."

I'd do your measuring to the frame rails to the ground on a nice flat concrete pad to rule out any body bushing variation.
You can also measure the distance beween the body and the mounts to rule this out as well.
After all the things you've gone through I can't see it being anything other than the front c-bushings.

cakedude

Loc.
Friendswood/houston,
Make sure to check where the rear leafs bolt to the spring hangers. The bolt holes can elongate over time and cause it to lean. Don't ask me how I know this!;)

Good Luck,
Grant