• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

scout power steering info?

vol_bronco_05

Loc.
Oak Ridge, TN
I managed to finally find a power steering box within my budget. It is a scout box and I know already I have to find a reverse worm gear. I have heard I need one from an early Ford van but for the life of me I cant seem to find info on which one. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Just a FYI, I am running the Scout Saginaw, which in my case uses the same hose fittings, along with the bracket from WH. Grab all you can if possible.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I think you can use any GM truck internals to get it turning correctly.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I too run the ScoutII box I think it's a 1980 box and I sent mine to PSC rebuilder had them reverse it ..I think he said he used Chevy S10 guts...
I also used WH bracket ...and made my hose they were nothing more than Hyd.fittings ..

OP
OP
vol_bronco_05

vol_bronco_05

Loc.
Oak Ridge, TN
Thanks for the info papitt. The S10 box does look like it might work at first glance. I'll check into it. They should be easy enough to find.