• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 six banger to a 302

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
will running buddy need to change the core support in his 1966 ....he is taking the 6 cyl 200 cid out and replacing it with a 1983 lincoln 302 he has a new alumimn raditor from Toms I believe ....I got to thinking he may need a V8 rad support ..

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I beleive all he will need to change are the Rad mounts, not the whole core support. The mounts can be bought from several of the vendors.

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
Yes, that is correct. I've done the same myself. You will need to trim the core support a little to take off the bends where the 6 cyl radiator mounted directly to the core support. Once you do this, you weld (or bolt depending on how you go about it) in the new v8 radiator mounts.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
will running buddy need to change the core support in his 1966 ....he is taking the 6 cyl 200 cid out and replacing it with a 1983 lincoln 302 he has a new alumimn raditor from Toms I believe ....I got to thinking he may need a V8 rad support ..
no you only need to make some rad mounts from 'L ' brackets.
and you (as already stated) trim the core support

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'm not doing this job ..Did the last but am now older and don't feel up to this swap for even my bestest buddys ride ..I'm wanting to start on a 1976 and a 4bt job but can't even get in the mood for this ...
He has the stuff to move the mounts around was supposed to kick off monday but not yet on thursday ....maybe next monday .....I have never seen so many new parts in one place before .....Rad .motor .trans. transfer case .shifter .starter alt ..oil filter ...you name it it's there ..Just go to work ..and I'M sure there will be things we have missed .......
You Guys have answered most of the question ..He just doesn't have time to get on here so he has gone thru me for 2 or maybe 3 years ...that is why I've labled him Running Buddy .....Keeps his stuff seperate from mine ..THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE EVER ANSWERD US.......