• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

nv3550 lube question

dbridgs

I was trying to check the fluid level in my 3550 tonight. I opened the plug on the left side of the case and lost about 1/4 quart of gear oil onto the floor. So where do I fill this thing and check the fluid level from? Do I need to replace this amount that spilled?

Thanks

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I was trying to check the fluid level in my 3550 tonight. I opened the plug on the left side of the case and lost about 1/4 quart of gear oil onto the floor. So where do I fill this thing and check the fluid level from? Do I need to replace this amount that spilled?

Thanks

The plug on the left side is the fill level. So, unless your Bronco was sitting at a very steep angle, it sounds as though it was too full by 1/4 quart. That plug is also the fill plug. But you can add lubricant at the shift tower, if that is more convenient.