• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield bolt dealie question

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
So, Im finally getting to the windshield frame and I need to change what ever the bolts go into. Ones got a broken off bolt in it and the other, is no where to be found. What do the look like? Got any tips on how to fix this? Im prolly gonna drill out the one with the busted bolt in it then tap it, but I dunno what to do about the other one.

Thanks,
John

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Are you talking about where the knobs (or bolts) go into the windshield frame to secure it in the upright position?

If so I'd tap the one and maybe put a nutsert in the other (use steel ones not aluminum). Did the plate inside come loose or something?

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Yah, Im talking about where the knobs go in to holod the windshield up. I think the plate did come loose, but I cant hear it slide around in the frame, but there are definatley no threads or anything that looks like it had threads in it the driver side of the frame. The passenger side is the one Im gonna have to drill and tap.