• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

435 Swap ?

Mtn Gote

Loc.
Sultan Wa.
I have a two wheel drive np435. will my output shaft from my stock three speed work in my 435? Or am I gonna have to get a 4wd tranny? Sorry for another np435 question! I am right in the middle of the swap and waiting for feedback and I just got my license. GRRRR!!!!!!
Cory,

BobbyA

435 swap

If you got a tranny out of a 2wd then it sould be the correct splines and you will not need to transfer the output shaft. Should be able to mate it with the intermediate housing that is built for the swap or have the adapter with the intermediate housing from a six cylinder. Let me know if you have and problems. Did this swap a few months ago.

Bobby

2BroncFamily

Loc.
Hood River, OR
Two wheel drive NP435 is the right one. I just got mine finished about two hours ago. If you don't have the right shaft for some reason, let me know. I have a couple extra.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Pull the yoke off the back of the trans. Count the number of splines. if you count 28, then you are good to go. Might need to trim the yoke nut threads off but that should be all you need to do.

If you don't have 28 splines, you will need another output shaft or different transmission with 28 splines. The only output shaft that fits a NP435 is a NP435 output shaft.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
If it is a newer 435 then you will need to swap the shaft.
If a yoke is bolted to the back it is the right one, if it has the slip yoke
it is wrong, Quick way to check, Does the tailshaft stick out about 6-7 inches? If so you have the right 2wd NP435

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
if the t case was divorced from the tranny just cutt off the 2nd set of splines that are about an inch loger with a cutting wheel

OP
OP
M

Mtn Gote

Loc.
Sultan Wa.
OOOOOHHHH!!!! I thought that I would have to pull the output shaft on the 435 cause it has the threads for the yoke. So all I do is pull off the yoke and maybe cut the threads down, bolt the adapter together and then put it up in the truck correct? Thanks a bunch!!!
Cory,

Broncobowsher

Total hack
OOOOOHHHH!!!! I thought that I would have to pull the output shaft on the 435 cause it has the threads for the yoke. So all I do is pull off the yoke and maybe cut the threads down, bolt the adapter together and then put it up in the truck correct? Thanks a bunch!!!
Cory,

That's basiclly it. I would add count the splines before cutting the output shaft.