• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 Questions: Yoke D20 vs NP205 & rear main seal on engine

Jabo76

Loc.
Raleigh
Okay, the 3 speed and D20 are out, Motorcycle lift took the whole assembly in one shot, and the flywheel is at the machine shop; NP435/NP205 are staged up.
What do I need to do to use my existing '75 EB Driveshafts on my '79 NP205 Transfer case yokes ? Is there a hybrid U-joint?
Does it work ok with the CV joints in the driveshafts?
Any experience??

Also, it looks like a good time to replace the pan gasket and rear seal on the engine. Anyone care to comment on how easy or difficult that is done.

One more item, how long do I cut the NP435 shifter shaft for use with gear banger shifter.

2BroncFamily

Loc.
Hood River, OR
I'll comment on the shifter. I haven't installed a gear-banger, but from what I understand you cut it off where the first bend starts. Its better to start too high and trim a little more later than start too short. There was a thread not too long ago on that topic. I'll see if I can find it.