• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's Missing Here? (got pics?)

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
On my passenger side, there's a strange gap between the base of the windshield frame, and the door. It looks like the PO messed up the weatherstripping and left a gap. But shouldn't there be something, you know, METAL, that actually goes in this space?

Obviously this is not good when it rains. Can somebody help me out with what's missing? Anyone got pics of this part of your bronco?

Thanks!!!

JiM

Attachments

• 13-06-07_1655.jpg
    13-06-07_1655.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 13-06-07_1656.jpg
    13-06-07_1656.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 237

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
It looks to me like your missing part of your door, or somehow your door is not correct. I have a small gap but when I look inside of it I see the window frame and gasket. good luck.

Attachments

• PICT4413.JPG
    PICT4413.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 70

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
On my passenger side, there's a strange gap between the base of the windshield frame, and the door. It looks like the PO messed up the weatherstripping and left a gap. But shouldn't there be something, you know, METAL, that actually goes in this space?

Obviously this is not good when it rains. Can somebody help me out with what's missing? Anyone got pics of this part of your bronco?

Thanks!!!

JiM

It it only the passenger side? What does the other side look like? The same? Or sealed?

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Naw, his door is all there. the lower portion of the door seal has large blocks of foamy rubber stuff that fills that area.
Look on the vendor sites for lower door weather strip kits and look at the pics.... you'll see what's missing.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
You need lower door seals. It looks like someone may have cut the upper one a bit short too. i would get uppers and lowers for it and you will probably be good to go.

muladesigns1

Loc.
Goodyear AZ
wasn't that Fords optional "Dual Vent design"
It's just the lower door weather strip. Change it quick or the water will make your floor boards rotted like all the others! OH FYI Use the YELLOW gasket adhesive it's much better then the Black.

BG's 68 Bronco

Hi jacking... For those that remove their top once in a while what do you do with the seals going from the top to the windshield frame?? When I take mine off i have to break the adhesive on the windshield.

Is there a two piece seal??

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Some of the cheap after market seals- JC Whitney and such- did not have the block at the top of the lower seal. They were made the same all the way around the door, like they came off a roll of insulation. They didn't even have the little tips to go in the holes around the bottom.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
Hi jacking... For those that remove their top once in a while what do you do with the seals going from the top to the windshield frame?? When I take mine off i have to break the adhesive on the windshield.

Is there a two piece seal??

just cut the seal at the corner on top of the windshield.simple deal.