• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock radio opening

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
Does anyone have pics and/or dimensions for a stock Bronco radio opening in the dash?

I also found these radios that are kind of cool because they are AM/FM and have an option for a mp3 plug in yet they look somewhat stock. I like the USA-6 because it doesn't have a cassete player. Who has cassetes anymore?

http://www.casmfg.com/Ford_Radios.htm

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
Stock opening is nothing but three small round holes. Nothing like the radios you are looking at. The stock radio has an outer cover with dial and fits over dash, not thru it.

70 sport WA

Yeah, stock radios look nothing like those. You'd be just as well getting what you want for the radio/CD if it isn't stock.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
I think I'll just delete the radio from the dash completely. Right now I have a big rectangular hole thanks to a PO.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
Does anyone have pics and/or dimensions for a stock Bronco radio opening in the dash?

I also found these radios that are kind of cool because they are AM/FM and have an option for a mp3 plug in yet they look somewhat stock. I like the USA-6 because it doesn't have a cassete player. Who has cassetes anymore?

http://www.casmfg.com/Ford_Radios.htm

This is what we used in my 16 year old sons 1970 XR7 Cougar. It looks great for his vehicle, and he is using his digital collection of songs with the mp3 player hid in the center consul. I would recommend it for a retro on any car, except they have now retro look for the Bronco.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Stock radio opening.....actually just holes in dash.

Attachments

• Img_0309a.jpg
    Img_0309a.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 24