• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

water pump pulley

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I'm looking for a single groove watewr pump pulley for my '77 w/302. I'm having trouble fitting th A/C install with the two groove it came with. The pulley needs to be 6" dia. & 1-3/4" deep.
Mark

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I'm trying to run the alternator and waterpump on one belt and the other running only the power steering without crossing the water pump also. There is a long story behind this but it all boils down to the Vintage air for a Bronco really isn't engineered at all. It won't work at all as provided. Brackets you buy from them now are the ones I engineered for them because theirs can't work! Mine finally works and cools really well. Just a slight belt squeek that bothers me.

FASTERDAMITT

Loc.
Oceanside
Here's a couple pics of my install if it helps at all. I have a 5.75" March aluminum WP double groove pulley I took off for sale if you need it. I used a 5".

bronco011.jpg

bronco012.jpg

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I sale 5 3/8" pulleys, sometimes you can find them on old fords. The smaller the waterpump pulley the faster the fan and pump turns. I would like to see a picture of your brackets

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I've not seen this as an issue on out Broncos .Do you know which belt is that is squeaking ...Being an old parts man that belt that has the notches in the top side are you sure it's good... When these Bronco came out and all was new stuff there were 3 widths of belt But later in life.. started by The Zone...they change over to only 2 widths and you just lived with what you get ..Gate is most likely the best you can get but I suspect that belt with top notches as being the wrong width ...Also their call V belts not U belts if one of your pulleys is worn into a U shape due to cheap belt and many other reasons then the U pully won't drive as well ...Too narrow a belt will get into the bottom of the pully and round out your pully ...
ALSO since it's and add on AC system did you know that the old big block Chrysler cars and tr. used an back side idler on their ac and alt belts to control the flop of the length between the pullys.It controlled the squeak .Since your designing those brackets then a top back idler might help ...
I'd like to hear about you ac or'deal as that was on my summer list until the wife anounced our Alaska vacation ..Bronco Bucks are few and far between at this monent .Pm me if you don't need to blast on another thread..I'd sure like to hear the good and bad ...

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I too would love to hear all the details, because it is something I am going to add in the near future.