• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motor removal ?

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
I am sure this has been asked but I coudnt find anything on it . I am going to pull the motor, C4 trans and transfercase tomorrow out of my rusty 76 and was wondering if it could be pulled all together . I have a standard size engine hoist (cherry picker ) or would it be to heavy and to long to get out ? Putting it in my new bronco will not be a issue because the tub is off the new frame . That is going to be my fathers day gift from the wife . She and my two boys are leaving me alone for a day to work on my project ;D ;D ;D
Thanks

FASTERDAMITT

Loc.
Oceanside
After pulling my engine a couple times, I don't think there's room, especially with the tcase included. Could be wrong though. Hopefully more tune in.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
,,,,I did them all seperate ,however I remember a recent thread that quite a few claim they did pull the whole assembly fairly easy....I will probably attempt it myself when I need future drivetrain repair....I imagine letting the air out of tires & fully extended hoist will be necessary

LouB

Loc.
St. Louis
I asked the same question a few months ago; went ahead and did mine all together. Close but it works. It went back in like a snap with a 2 inch body lift. there is a thread under my name with photos.