• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cardan Conversion 1310/ 1330?

Jabo76

Loc.
Raleigh
Is there a conversion cardan u-joint tp go from 1310/1330?

Attachments

• Jabo Diddy 031.jpg
    Jabo Diddy 031.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Jabo Diddy 032.jpg
    Jabo Diddy 032.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Jabo Diddy 001.jpg
    Jabo Diddy 001.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 18

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Are you asking conversion u-joint ...I've several time taken 2 u-joint and made one buy swaping the caps on one side ..Does make for an expensive u-joint but sometimes you do what you have to do. That may not work your cross maybe different size but it worked for me ...

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I know its more money, but I took a big Bronco drive shaft and had a shop cut it down to the right length and used the 1330 yoke on the 9". The shop rebuilt and clearanced the CV, installed the other ujoint and shorteded it for $175. I had the BB DS and the right yoke though.

David

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I avoid the conversion joints. Even if you can get them they usually don't last as long and even worse is that it is hard to replace them when one goes out and your trying to replace it in a hurry on a weekend. For the NP205 you can get a 1310 yoke to use instead of the 1330 one. It just requires changing the seal to a different one. (I think the 79 Bronco is the application for it if you need to find one) As far as strength there isn't much advantage to the 1330 and it comes with a loss of some working angle (The 1330 CV cage doesn't allow as much angle as the 1310 does). They both have the same size center pins in the CV parts (Which is what I have break more often than anything else in the driveline). They both can be clearanced for more working angle as was mentioned above.

That said, I'm running a 1330 CV on mine but it took 3 of them and a limiting strap on my rearend to get one that would live. (I have the center strapped to keep it from dropping down while still allowing for side to side flex) On all of them I broke that center pin off which was caused by too much angle on it. With the combo your planning though you probably will not have the same problem as your rear drivleine will be quite a bit longer.

HigginsHorse

New tranny outweighs the capabilities of the skateboard. Needs upgraded suspension, lift and bigger wheels.

Don't do it!!! go with Atlas and NV4500 or you'll regret it.

There! We got those out of the way.

Haha!

OP
OP
Jabo76

Jabo76

Loc.
Raleigh
Thanks for weighing in guys, it looks like the simplest soloution is to buy the output yokes and seals in a 1310 size to keep the driveshafts stock and get a greater working angle too. Jeffs has them in stock. Anyone got used ones from a 78-79 bronco NP205?