• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

adjusting one barrel carb

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well since no one else answered...Knock it in the head ....KILL IT .... turn the one adjusting screw in all the way count the no. of complete turns ...turn out 1 and 3/4 complete turns ....make sure the choke is completely open ...then start it... remembering where you where orignally .Twist it back and fourth about a 1/2 turn both ways slowly ...When you get the highest idle that should be it....YOUR supposed to move twist it slowly ....Now you can take a can of either with a hose or nozzle on it or if your chicken "discramer" spray it around the base... throttle.. joints... gaskets ...If the idle raise you have a vacumn leak.. fix it and start over....you can also go down thru your intake ports for vacumn leak check ...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I agree a vaccum guage can help you if you have one. Adjust to the highest vaccum otherwise as stated adjust to the highest smooth idle.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p And if that dosnt help open it and look at the jet. I had one on a mustang (6) that someone drilled out the jet it ran real rich good luck with your's.:D :D :D Bill %) :cool: ;D

OP
OP
L

landacre

Loc.
Spring Branch, TX
hey guys, i adjusted the carb and set the timing and she purrs like a kitten now! i really appreciate ya'lls responses. now if i could only get that 6 banger to break 55 on the highway i would be in great shape. we all have dreams, right?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Take those low rider tires off it and put the 35's back on .......it'll run 55
You just have to figure out how to hang on!!!!