• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

who makes the best long tube headers for a early bronco with a 351w?

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
wanted to ask who makes the best fitting long tube headers for a 351w for a early bronco,would like to have 1 3/4 tubes if possible,but might have to go with 1 5/8..thanks for any info

ak68

headers

I like the hedmans I got from jet hot. They dropped in from the top and fit well. They are a little tight on the passenger side frame and if you run a standard without hydraulic clutch you will have to modify your clutch rod assembly.

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
Hedmans are what I use also. As a matter of fact, I have my old set that I took off when I bought a new set of Jet Hot Hedmans if you are looking.

Rick

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
the hedmans hit my clutch linkage with 351w and stock manual linkage. I like the fit of duffys long tube headers but their coating flaked of real fast. Buy the black ones and send em to jet hot.

Kaw-Liga

Loc.
Palm Coast, FL
I might not be thinking clearly, but what does the stock clutch linkage on your 351 hit the header when I have those headers on my 302 with stock linkage and no problems? I'm starting to think of grabbing a 351w in the next few months and would like to know of little problems like this that I might have to face. Thanks.

Rob

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
I have Duffy long tubes and have been running them for about 5 years with no problems. Recently I upgraded from a 302 to a 351W and was able to re-use the same headers. Because the engine is taller and wider than a 302 the fitment has changed so I had to re-route my exhaust and brake lines. It fits, it just fits differently than before and the clearance to the frame rails and body is a little tighter.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
When I rebuilt my 351w one of my friends sold me his jet hot coated hedmans so it would look cleaner under the hood. I just remember they hit the linkage. It's been a while but I think it was the piece between frame and the block. Luckily I still had my rusty duffy's to bolt on.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p I have run Hooker wheel well #9814 since motor was put in clear everthing and work good. I on my second set since 72. The ones in now were put on in 86 and were done in custom rattle can white. Good luck with your choice.:p :p :p Bill %) :cool: ;D

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
tubes

Hey Wildbill, what primary tube size are those Hookers?

TIA

nvrstuk

Contributor
Anybody running 1 3/4" primary tube size? Any suppliers make 'em that size for a SBF heads?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Not for bronco applications 1 3/4 is way more than most SBF's can flow unless your turning 8000 RPM. 1 5/8's is more than enough.

nvrstuk

Contributor
This application won't be a typical SBF hence the need for air flow for big block cubes at high rpms.

Thanks. Looks like we'll have to build another set.