• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

vacuum advance question

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
which port is the correct one to use ported or non ported i am running in on the non-ported for now (edlebrock performer)

ugly74

Bronco abuser
my brain's feeling gassy...can't remember the right terminology.
hook it up to the one that's higher up on the throttle body, which is the one that does not have vacuum all of the time.
I'm gonna go get some coffee

ugly74

Bronco abuser
uh huh...
the one higher up on the body of the carb is the one ya want.

bannind

Edelbrock carb also? You want a ported vacuum port for your advance. I believe on the Edelbrock carb it will be located to the left side of the center PCV port on the front of the carb. So on the front of the carb, passenger side is the ported and front of the carb drivers side is full time vacuum - Center front of the carb (larger tube) is the PCV port. This is only on the Edelbrock carbs though. And you do definately want ported vacuum otherwise you will never get it tuned correctly.

Hope it helps.
dan

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
bannid we are using the full port now the vacuum advance is not working properly or even at all i will change the dizzy or the vacuum and try the ported we tuned it with the vacuum guage yesterday and it is running okay