• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

f150 power streeing

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
will the f100 box clear the rad? what else should i look for will have box next week have all brackets. did anyone run into trouble doing this f100 power streeing? thank you

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I believe your box has to be 4 wheel drive box and you use the guts from the 2 wheel drive in it and I think it hangs down just a slight lower...

now if im wrong ...dont beat me up guys...

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I believe your box has to be 4 wheel drive box and you use the guts from the 2 wheel drive in it and I think it hangs down just a slight lower...

now if im wrong ...dont beat me up guys...

PAPITT has the better idea but you can use the 4x2 box, the problem is it is real long and mounts on the inside of the frame. I think WH has a bracket to set the box at an angle so it will clear the radiator but that makes the drag link very short and you have to have a lift to use that box because it is soo long, I think a min. of 3.5" Mark of WH is often on this site so maybe he will post the correct info. The up side of the 4x2 box is it is cheap and easy to find.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The f100 box will clear the radiator, but it is tight. You will have to remove the drain cock from the radiator as that will hit the box. I did this conversion on a '74 once and the clearances were very tight.