• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vote of Confidence

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Ok, I know I have been advised that my 1970 Mustang c-4 will work with my Bronco 1969 Engine but..
Before I bolt it all up, My Mustang flywheel is smaller (should be same weight) , as is the mustang Bell housing, thus using the mustang flywheel (flexplate). Both the old Mustang engine and Bronco engine have the same weight harmonic balancers, supposedly.
Just me being probably too paranoid.
Oh, on other news I did finish my Durbak painting of the bodys interior.

Attachments

• bedlined1.jpg
    bedlined1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 37
  • bedlined2.jpg
    bedlined2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 46

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Yep weights/ balances are the same, smaller flexplate means you need the smaller bellhousing. Your good to go.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure, don't hold me to this, but you might want to also use the mustang starter.

DuneBuster

Loc.
Canton
BroncoHowie may want to chime in but after just getting my C-4 rebuilt, I know there are differences between mustang and Bronco versions,

The biggest differenece is the input/output shafts have more teeth and are stronger in the truck version.
The Truck has 5 cluthces instead of 4 in the car C-4.

I think there are other differences but you can search for C-4 in the threads and find a good descrption of the differences.

My guess is unless you have something stronger than a plain 302 and plan for daily driver use, that the Mustang version tranny will be fine, but if your engine is strong or you plan for demanding offroad use, you may want to consider having someone beef up your gearbox..

Good luck.

OP
OP
Ohio Bronco 21

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Most of the driving on this will be around town and freeway with some trips through light trails, so I dont believe Ill be beating on her.