• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost Estimate (Body work)

Davesbronco

Loc.
Adairsville, GA
Worse case scenario for body repair? New paint, strait body, the works. Don't count cost of new panels for body. And It will be on trailer off the frame going to the shop. What kind of price tag would you estimate? Just wondering.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Way too open ended of a question to answer. A straitish body with an OK paint job about a grand or less. Rolled over rusted out basket case and a show quality paint job could easily break 25k.

OP
OP
Davesbronco

Davesbronco

Loc.
Adairsville, GA
No rusted out pans or major problems. Just some pretty deep bondo on the rear quarters and on the front fenders. No rolled or rusted out stuff. Everythiong should be straight forward I think. Not really looking for showroom quality but something with slick paint and no easily visible blems to ride around in.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
My advice is pick the shop according to thier work not price. If you find a shop that will work with you on restorations your more likely to end up with what you want. And, be very clear as to what you're expecting as an end result.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Earl Scheib will paint anything for $100! :)

If you are looking for a shop to do it right, there will be prep work, materials, and labor. Just the basics for all that will run you $1,000. If you are doing base and clear, materials alone will run you close to $1,000 for high quality paint.

OP
OP
Davesbronco

Davesbronco

Loc.
Adairsville, GA
I am thinking around $5K to $6K. Which would be just fine by me. It is hard to find a body shop close by here that will do it. They are all after the quick insurance money. And most of the ones that would restore one are into their cars. I did my last one myself mostly except for the paint. But it was SLOW and time consuming. I mean to the point it would take me 2 weeks to do what a good body man could pull off in 4 hours. But it was straight and right when I finished.