• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco body and frame dimensions

LipschitzWrath

What are the cross-sectional dimensions of the box rails themselves? I am having a helluva time finding this info. I heard somewhere they are 2x4 - is it really that simple?

Thanks in advance!

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
does anyone have a measurement that may reference the drivers side radiator support mount? My mount is pushed back and I need to reposition it, and I am not sure where it needs to be.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
there should be a hole in the top of the framerail. if you run a long straightedge over the center of the passenger bodymount and across that hole then you can line your driver's side bodymount off the straightedge.

that's how i lined mine up but i had the frame stripped down. i also haven't put the body on yet so it might be way off.

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
there should be a hole in the top of the framerail. if you run a long straightedge over the center of the passenger bodymount and across that hole then you can line your driver's side bodymount off the straightedge.

that's how i lined mine up but i had the frame stripped down. i also haven't put the body on yet so it might be way off.

Sorry to sidetrack, but how would you straighten any damage to the mount? Mine has been crunched a bit. Debating heat and hammer, seems like the only way...??

rojo23

Loc.
Ashland, VA
a frame machine is the best way, but who has one of those in the back yard. I have seen people use a come-along, heat, and a hammer

Bronco Ga

Loc.
Georgia
That first diagram has some serious errors: this one is more accurate:

The frame horns (where the bumpers attach) are about 2x4" inside; about 2.25 x 4.25" outside.

Is there a way to get a bigger version of these diagrams?
They won't enlarge for me.

Bronco Ga

Loc.
Georgia
The original sizes are 2039x939 for the frame, and 2180x686 for the body. Clicking them should open a new tab/window, and clicking them once more should go to the original size images.

I did that originally and my screen was blank. It works now though. It must have been my computer.
Thanks

NCW

I know, old post - but very helpful

Is there a way to get a bigger version of these diagrams?
They won't enlarge for me.

In this picture, I have a question; The 27.2" Empty - is that at the floor or at the floor rib top?

eblinedimensions.jpg

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I assume it's the tops, but after all these years, it's almost irrelevant. Even a truck with all-stock suspension & tire size can't be expected to have stock ride height to that tight of a spec.

NCW

Agree and many thanks! However, the question is more for a reference dimension specific to a present design criteria I am establishing on this present build. Again, many thanks.

Nick272727

I'm starting a rebuilt if a 1975 bronco tomorrow. It's got mostly new panels on the original frame. The original front fenders (I think, they are fiber glass) and dash has been retained. It's been screwed together and a few resistance spot welds holding it right now. It's now on my hands and I need some body dimensions guys. A tape measure hasn't even been pulled on it yet and I don't do the stick the thumb in the air and call it good thing lol. Plus don't feel like cutting it apart a few times along the way. Any help would be appreciated.