• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 wheel disc master cylinder question

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I did the 4 wheel disc conversion. (chevy disc front, BC kit on the rear) In installed a f250 camper special master cylinder. I have to give the brakes 2 pumps to get a firm pedal. No air in the lines. Bleed them four times (about 1/2 gal of fluid though the system) This master cylinder has a 1 1/8" bore. I think I need to push more fluid. What master cylinder are you guys running?????

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
I run the lincoln master on my new 4 wheel setup. There is no reason why your setup is that way. I hate to say it but I think you still have air in the system. did you check for leaks. some of those rear calipers leak right out of the box from the parts store. Check it out
TOFIC

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
The camper special Master cylinder is designed for a disc /drum set up not disc /disc. I would look into another master cylinder that is for disc / disc.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Either the chevy calipers are hitting the ford knuckle or the rear calipers e-brakes need to be adjusted. The 1 1/8" bore M/C is big enough. I will try to make the on line instructions about how to adjust the caddie e-brakes more clear later today.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
O.K. the caddie e-brake adjustment instructions are in the tech library. Let me know if they don't make any sense.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
O.K. the caddie e-brake adjustment instructions are in the tech library. Let me know if they don't make any sense.

Chuck, a million sarcastic comments came to mind but I will only say one

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND THE CREW

Your Canadian pain in the r**r!!
TOFIC