• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Napa prices rotor/hub Assembly

mnido

Chevy disc conversion prices Napa-San Diego- rotor/hub $139.99 per plus tax
Calipers loaded $46.49 plus $35 core or semi loaded $19.99.
I been searching for the vendor on here that sells brake parts, specifically backing plate, can't seem to find it.

OP
OP
mnido

mnido

Don't have the part numbers, I just told them 1974 Chevy 1/2 ton 4 wheel drive. I am just trying to get current pricing for a bench mark when I go to a salvage yard. I may depending on price by the used calipers to save some core cost. Still looking for the vendor that sells a lot of this stuff used. I saw it somewhere on here..

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I know your doing the chevy swap but wanted to share this. I went to napa to price the ford hub and rotor assy and they were $69 each. I call my friend who buys parts there for his race team and gets discounts. He called me back with the price of $65 for both.

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I know your doing the chevy swap but wanted to share this. I went to napa to price the ford hub and rotor assy and they were $69 each. I call my friend who buys parts there for his race team and gets discounts. He called me back with the price of $65 for both.

That's a great price! It will work great for him, as you use the ford hub and rotor assembly for the Chevy conversion.

OP
OP
mnido

mnido

I can see why sometimes guys go out and just by new stuff from vender's, by the time you sift through opinions, facts, mis-quotes, wrong info, in complete info, etc.. but I am cheap and like the challenge. After quoting prices from Napa above i got on their site. Can't understand why their site quotes:
Brake Rotor/Hub 76 Ford Bronco Premium $137.00 and Ultra Premium $ 64.99. What gives !!Why would Ultra be cheaper ?!?!

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
I can see why sometimes guys go out and just by new stuff from vender's, by the time you sift through opinions, facts, mis-quotes, wrong info, in complete info, etc.. but I am cheap and like the challenge. After quoting prices from Napa above i got on their site. Can't understand why their site quotes:
Brake Rotor/Hub 76 Ford Bronco Premium $137.00 and Ultra Premium $ 64.99. What gives !!Why would Ultra be cheaper ?!?!

Here is a napa screen print from October 2005, same part number. Can you say inflation? If you have AAA, make sure you use it. I save a lot of money at Napa with it. Pays for itself.

You can get the chev backing plates at our local pull-a-part for $3.50 ea.
Price List: http://www.pullapartwa.com/PriceList.html

Take a trip down to the Chula Vista pull-a-part yards. The caliper brackets from GM 10 bolts work too. Should be easy to find. Used calipers are fine too. Very common in the yards. The only hard thing to find is the small bearing spindles, and you can get those new. It really wouldn't break my heart to buy those new anyway. $69

http://completeoffroad.com/wsm/i-372_disc_brake_conversion_spindle.html

hubassembly_670.jpg

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Back about a year ago when running buddy and I did ours Auto Zone had the hub rotor ass. for 24.00 each The part no is 5492 ...since then they have gone up in price I could not buy them thru any of my warehouse sources as cheap as the ZONE had them ....The spindel where the hardest to find and I too would rather have them new I think I have about 45.00 each in ours ..and I have about 25.00 each in the calipors backing plate...and about 14.00 each on the calipors ...Good LUCK