• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

steering column

01JLH

Guys, I was wondering.... I have a steering column that I pulled out of my 65 fastback to put in a tilt unit. I have converted my 76 bronco over to a NV3550 so the column shift collar has the place for the shifter in it. The collar on the old mustang column is a floor shift model that is smooth. Will the mustang column collar fit the 76 column? Or can the 65 column be used in the bronco?

Doyle

Bronco Guru
Collar should work. Some of the vendors sell these just for that reason.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Guys, I was wondering.... I have a steering column that I pulled out of my 65 fastback to put in a tilt unit. I have converted my 76 bronco over to a NV3550 so the column shift collar has the place for the shifter in it. The collar on the old mustang column is a floor shift model that is smooth. Will the mustang column collar fit the 76 column? Or can the 65 column be used in the bronco?

If your Bronco had a manual shift column in it the collar will work. If it was an auto you will need the piece the turn signal switch mounts on from another manual shift vehicle with the e-flasher switch in the column. The Mustang won't have the room for your ts switch. You will have to mount the e flasher switch on the dash. If your column was a manual it will work just fine.

Last edited: