• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to mount V-8 engine towers

ohpoo2

Contributor
Does anyone remember the measurement to mount new engine towers on the frame rails for a V-8 . Thanks for the help, Darren

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
there is a general measurement floating around, but I have no idea what it is. I have a good diagram i made on my laptop, if no one has chimed in by tomorrow I'll post it.

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
Last year when I converted my 66EBI-6 to a 302 I took the measurements off my Dad's 69EB w/ a 289. I think they are back 2 3/8" but find a friend w/ a V8 and double check.
Use a fixed point to measure from like the front cross member. During your mock-up, your transfer case support should line up again with the original four bolts hole pattern on both frame rails. Both the V8 manual and autos are the same length so the transfer case support is a good reference point.

OP
OP
ohpoo2

ohpoo2

Contributor
Thanks, We will just measure from another and I did look around and I believe they are saying 9" from the back of the front frame rail to the front of the tower. I think its lonestar where I found a write up. Thanks again, D

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I called Tom's and was told 11" from the crossmember to the center of the hole in the frame horn.
James Duff said 9" to the edge of the frame horn to the cross member.
Wild horses said 25" from the front lip on the frame to the edge of the frame horn.

To me Toms was the most accurate and safe for all of the different vendors as it should not matter who made them the hole center is 11" back from the front cross member.

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
Bolt everything together and lay it on your Frame with the TC mounted on its bracket, tack weld the V8 brackets to frame for permanent position.