• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Center console

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I really need a place to put my glasses, ian other stuff. The glove box was pretty small already and now is smaller because of the new liner that came with the Vintage Air A/C installation kit. Also I need a good cup holder! I want to put in a center console but don't much care for the Tuffy because of its blocky shape and square corners. Is there another manufacturer to check out? Maybe even a console out of a salvage? Please send photos.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Yeah, I'm looking for the same thing. ...hope you get some good ideas here. Right now I use a cheap plastic unit that I bought at a local auto chain, but would like to upscale it a bit.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
WalMart had a real nice one for sale that had cup holders (front ands rear if I remember) and a lockable section. It was padded and looked very nice. Pretty affordable if I remember right. I'll look to see if I can find it. It was similar if not the same as the one in BlazinCopper's project he has for sale.

It looks like the clutter catcher that Arsenio (Amac70) linked to.

Louie

Bronco Guru
I looked around for a while & ended up with a Tuffy. Glad I did. I think it looks more appropriate in an EB (rectagular & metal) than a rounded, modern, plastic-looking one.

rdv350

Loc.
Scranton, PA
I was just looking for one myself. I saw a nice console on truckaddons.com and amazon.com had several for sale on there. Most were about a $100 or less.

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
I made my own and had it upholstered. Made it from plywood and cut holes for cups. I put a lock on it aswell.

Attachments

• 10390bigblue5.jpg
    10390bigblue5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 129

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I thought of taking an old military metal ammo container, welding on some base brakets and two cup holders then mounting it to the floor. It would be easy to lock and I would paint it the Broncos Body color. (just an idea)

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
thats what i did. used a large military ammo can and hinged it in the back. welded homemade cup holders on it. added a cylinder lock. i welded tabs a couple of inches from the top inside and was able to use a removeable tool box tray in the top. and also welded a divider in the middle to seperate the gear. less than $50 and i have a console just as strong and usable as the tuffy. oh and i also made a black padded armrest for the top.