• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heat inside the cab.

jj2tuff

So I did the re-sill kit on my heater and swapped in another core. Still not getting the heat in there thats needed. Would a stronger blower motor help? Its awfull cold inside on them leather seats. lol.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
IS the air coming out hot?

yes, doing the chevy blower upgrade should help move more air. (make sure you didn't reverse the polarity of the original motor first. Squirrel cage fans work horrible, but don't blow backwards if wired backwards)

no, what thermostat are you running? Put in a 195° and be prepared for to live in a toaster

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Believe it or not, I have the exact opposite problem. Its always hot in my cab, even if I have the heat nob pushed in all the time. I just replaced the heater valve, and I think now its even worse.

Anybody deal with before? Suggestions?

OP
OP
J

jj2tuff

Did a lil searching on here and I think im going to do the chebby motor upgrade. Is it nessesary to grab a new cage or can I just use the stock eb one?

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
So I did the re-sill kit on my heater and swapped in another core. Still not getting the heat in there thats needed. Would a stronger blower motor help? Its awfull cold inside on them leather seats. lol.

Is the air comming out very hot with the stock blower?

OP
OP
J

jj2tuff

Not that hot. So im thinking your ready to point me to a new core?