• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fuel sending unit frustration...

chrishuth

Loc.
Pagosa Springs
So, I bought my new unit from Jeff's, got the old one off and with a lot of elbow grease, got the new one on. BUT... the plug is turned from the original unit and the pigtail will not go on because the axel is in the way. (Because the pigtail is a 90 degree angle). So... how do I go about getting this unit plugged in? Do they make a straight pigtail somewhere? Is the unit bad?

Thanks

Steve0

TTT. Just wondering about this one myself. I recently installed a JBG sending unit and the two prongs that the harness pigtail plugs into is at a weird angle, thus, making it so the pigtail can't be slipped on because the frame is in the way.

Do I just run a wire from the old harness female ends that can slip onto the male prongs on the sending unit?

Any input is appreciated.
Steve0

wildhorses76

Loc.
Kaplan, Louisiana
Mine is the same way, it is where the wires now point up and the rubber boot interferes with the frame, I just 'finangled' it a bit to get it to fit, I was wondering if I was the only one with this problem, just didn't ask......

OX1

Bronco Guru
If you loosen the gas tank strap, you can pry the tank rearward, get the connector on, and then push the tank back forward (or leave it back, which I did since I have a new poly tank and wanted it as far away from exh as I could get).

I also had to bend the wire connector on frame ground to get it to reach the new sender. Eventually, I'm just going to with a new pigtail so my ground wire can be longer (my sender connector is a bit beat up anyway).