• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust manifold donut flange opinions

Fugly

Loc.
Las Vegas
I was going to run headers but the budget won't allow me, so I am back to running my stock exhaust manifolds. (351 windsor) I threw out my old donut flanges and the muffler shop did a half a$$ job on booty fabbing something up.
Are you still running the stock donut holder on your exhaust manifolds, or are you running something else? I'm sure I will go to the boneyard to get some but if there is something better out there than "stock" I haven't found it yet.
Any pix and ideas would be great, thanks.

Last edited:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I went to the junkyard and found a Y-pipe from a vehicle that someone removed the engine from. That is where I got my starter pieces from when I went from headers back to manifolds.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
I went to the junkyard and found a Y-pipe from a vehicle that someone removed the engine from. That is where I got my starter pieces from when I went from headers back to manifolds.

Yup! the stock used flange clamps seem to be beefier than the aftermarket new ones. The stock manifold studs also seem to be made out of better metal. :cool:

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
I've been researching this as well. I had hoped that I could just get the starter piece with 02 bung from summit, but no such luck. I will hopefully be building my exhaust this weekend. I will be using mandrel u-bends that I purchased from summit.

My plan to get started is to have an exhaust shop flare a couple tubes for me. I called and they quoted me $10 for the pair. I will then cut off the "flared" part and make it slip over the 2" tube. Then adjust as neccessary and weld. I'll post up a pic when I'm done.

donutflange.jpg

donutflange2.jpg

Found this on the net. Not sure if it's the right size, but it's basically all you need.

ExhauseDonuts_225670.jpg