• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mounting an Astro Hydroboost

kaw550

Bronco Guru
I am getting ready to install my hydroboost. I have an active post on the hoses but I have some concerns over the mounting.

I have a 92 astro unit. It has the flat mounting bracket and plan on bolting directly to the firewall.

Do I just center the unit around the old pushrod opening in the firewall?
Anyone have pictures or dimension they want to share?

I am sure I can figure it out but I dont want to put any extra holes in the firewall.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Yes, remove the mounting bolts from the bracket, remove your old master cylinder, center the unit to the hole, mark the four holes for the hydroboost mount, drill the holes in the firewall, replace the mounting bolts in the bracket and bolt it up. You may have to trim some of the bracket toward the passenger side to clear a hump in the firewall, but that will become obvious when you hold the bracket up to the firewall to mark the holes. Also, make sure you are not interfering with any of the steering column bolts.