• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holly smokes

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
So I tore into my Holly 4 barrel 1850, and I have no clue where all the parts go back into place... Anybody know a good site for this? I checked online for awhile and can't find it anywhere. I am 2 seconds from bringing it to a carb rebuilder.... any help would be greatly appreciated and put 2 fold into the 69 sport...

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Check the Holley website you can download the instructions really theres not much to Holley's they are kinda hard to put together wrong. But then again I've rebuilt lots of them. One important thing is to make sure you match the gaskets to what came off the carb. If you use the wrong one it will cause problems.

Dogdare

Almost any decent auto parts store, and many bookstores will have Holley rebuild/tuning books. Pick one up for a reference even if you get it back together without one. They can help you tune them for your application.

Herb

OP
OP
Bronco69Sport

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
Thanks for the info, It's -8 Degrees F without the wind chill Up here right now so I figure its the perfect day to waste putting it back together...

70_Steve

Old Guy
I forgot to mention, this is my first mechanical project...
Well, you picked a good one!!! Challenging, but not impossible. For the next time... Start with a large clean area. As you dissassemble, lay the parts out in a logical order. Even pictures help. I learned a long time ago, working as a mechanic in a Western Auto store (anyone old enough to remember Western Auto??) when doing a brake job, only pull one side apart, so you have the other side as a reference for how it should go back together.

Thanks for the info, It's -8 Degrees F without the wind chill Up here right now
That's why I live in Phoenix!!:eek: ;D

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I used to love going to Westren Auto they had everything from auto parts to guns what more can you ask for in one store.