• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

alternator wires?

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
ok sta terminal has on the red "s" wire and the yellow "a" wire the large yellow wire is the battery charge wire that goes into the harness, yes I know thats odd it should be red, well ask painless why they did it I don't know the black and blue wire yeah weird I know is the ground on the ground terminal the orange wire is the field on the field post, so is this right? I don't want to fry anything.

bronco.jpg

Last edited:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Well it depends on what the other end of the wires are connected to?
I am not sure why you have 2 wires on the stator post. I understand one if you are running an electric choke, but what would the other one go to?
Field wire (orange) should go to the field terminal on the voltage regulator
Black and blue zebra will go to whatever ground you like. Personally I would probably run that up to the body of the voltage regulator.
The big yellow wire on the red Batt post could probably stand to have a better crimp job on it. In the photo it looks pretty poor.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
looks are deceiving the bat wire just has too much insulation removed I am going to tape it, the yellow wire on the sta terminal is the A wire from the voltage regulator.