• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

running slugish

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Running Buddys bronco has seemed really slugish after he got it back from the worm that swapped everthing over .......He did a V8 and AOD swap and several other items ...the guy closed his shop durning the swap ...well he did finish it but everthing is just bare done ...So we've been going over checking ever bolt and fluid level ...it has seemed slugish ...today I was going to recheck the the point gap after adjustong the timing ...the point seemed to have greese on them on the contacts ...I cleaned that up ...I didn't think it would fire if they had greese on them ...But it sure did seem to run twice as good ....ANY thoughts ....

PaulS

Loc.
Greater Seattle area
If too much cam lube was used the grease can get on the points. They will run but it usually retards the timing slightly. That might explain the sluggish running. Make sure to check the TO cable adjustment - if it is wrong it will toast the tranny in no time. (a few hours of continuous use up to 3 months)