View Full Version : IS 302 HO From Lincoln M IV good donor???

fastback
02/24/08, 12:45 PM
Saw an add in the local paper Selling a 302 HO Complete. From an Lincoln Marc IV. Is this a good Donor? Is it a direct drop in?? What else would I consider having to do if it is?

fordtrucks4ever
02/24/08, 01:14 PM
That model didnt come with an HO 302 to my knowledge. Its most likely came with a 460. The Mk VII came equipped with a 5.0 HO thats basically the same as any 86-93 Mustang.

t.lay
02/24/08, 01:33 PM
That's probably out of a mark vi or vii (if it's an h.o. mk vii). Mark ivs came with 460s. Is it still in the car - can you hear/see it running? Why are they parting it out - rust, wreck, mechanical issues? Are they including the fuel injection system - engine harness, ecu...? As far as the fit - no problem although I'm not sure about the belt and pulleys - you could end up with clearance issues or working around the ac bits (not a big deal). The block itself will bolt in. the harmonic balancer and flex plate will be a different weight than the EB 50 oz vs. eb 28 oz. Mix n match will shorten the engine life. Other than minor stuff - it's a perfectly decent 5.0 - rated at about 225 hp. Condition is key. Even in great shape, IMO I wouldn't pay much. Our local pick n pull is loaded with lincolns. Can pick up any 5.0 for $79.

fastback
02/24/08, 05:24 PM
Here is excatly what the add said, I have not called yet to get the details. I wanted to see if it was worth the effort 1st. I also may be assuming that the engine came from the same car in the add.

302 HO Ford Engine complete. 1987 Lincoln Marc IV with rear side damage. $500.00 call xxx-xxxx

t.lay
02/24/08, 11:05 PM
couldn't hurt to call and get more details. Sounds like they're selling 2 different things.

byson1
02/25/08, 09:53 AM
Here is excatly what the add said, I have not called yet to get the details. I wanted to see if it was worth the effort 1st. I also may be assuming that the engine came from the same car in the add.

302 HO Ford Engine complete. 1987 Lincoln Marc IV with rear side damage. $500.00 call xxx-xxxx

The only Lincoln Mark ?? in 1987 was a Mark VII. Nothing at all wrong with the motor design. It's just a speed density HO EFI if it's OE.

trailpsycho
02/25/08, 10:16 AM
Depending on the miles and the history of the car; that would be acceptable, especially if they give you liberty to take whatever you want (harness, inertia swtich, computer, etc.) as well as the 'complete' motor. I would go take a look at it.

fastback
02/28/08, 07:54 PM
Turns out this is a mark vii and the guy that has it bought it for the motor to put it in his '74 bronco. He is selling the whole car for $500.00. He did not know the mileage but seemed to indicate the motor was not original. Is this a good deal, are there any other parts on it that would have bronco value. His plan was to go thru the motor before he put it in. I may go back this weekend and see if it will run.