• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

sweet liberation...

tdc_worm

Loc.
Austin
...it took me about three beers to work up the courage, but i finally grabbed sack, fired up the sawzall and an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel and ripped out my front inner fenders and fender wells in less than 30 minutes. i wish i would have done this months ago---love the easy access to the engine bay!

i left the core support, which is still surprinsingly stable given that it is only held in place by the two front body mounts. rather than tubing the whole front end, i think i am just going to tube from the core support back to the tub along lines of the fenders so they will hang easily.

now i need a solution for my battery...any thoughts?

critt77matt

Loc.
Kiln/Oxford, MS
Mount the battery on the frame in the back to get better weight distribution. Dirt racers put them over the right rear tire to make it bite better.;D Somebody on here use to have theirs set up like this but I can't remember who it was.

OP
OP
T

tdc_worm

Loc.
Austin
Thinking longterm, I am going to move my axle forward when I install my Cage arms, so it may end up in the way if I leave in on the core support.

I had considered moving it under the passenger seat, but that seems like it could be a liability.

I am actually thinking of trying to hang it from the firewall.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I'll see if I have a pic but I am just running the skirts and core in the wife's and got one of the battery trays off ebay and it fit perfect to the core support.