• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ideas for rear seat shoulder seat belts

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Hey guys -

Newbie here and I'm looking for ideas for shoulder seat belts in the rear seat. Any alternatives to a full family cage? Any aftermarket seats with the shoulder belts built in?

Thanks for any info...

socalrick

Loc.
Tionesta
you can do what I did and turn the rear seat facing backward and just have the shoulder harnesses attached there to the center hoop for the roll bar..

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
I took some belts and buckets that were narrow and not to tall from a small car then I welded a angled pipe on rear of my roll cage to mount the ratchet device.It was a pain because the ratchet has a inertia device to lock the belt in a accident.You have to get the angle just right before you weld the new pipe in.The only problem is on prolonged steep inclines the inertia device gets tilted and locks the belts prompting complaints from some passengers.My 99 Dodge extended cab has belts built into the seats but its way to wide for the Bronco.My inlaws just bought a new Dodge van that has middle row seats with seat belts built in to the seat.But I don't know if they are small enough to fit side by side between the fender wells.That was my problem.Mine are a tight fit but its better than nothing and it looks fairly well.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I believe the Dodge Colt/Vista seats and a few others have seat belts built into the seat.