• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Derale or B&M...

tdc_worm

Loc.
Austin
I am going to order an external cooler for my 77. I plan to go with a cooler that has a mounted fan and integrated thermostat. So far I have narrowed it down to:

B&M Supercooler (70297)
http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id=products&sid=4&cat=20&subcat=&pid=75

or Deral Atomic (15950)
http://www.derale.com/atomic-cool.html

The Derale looks to have a marginal (maybe $10) price advantage, while the B&M looks to be a little larger and have a higher CFM fan. Any thoughts or others that I a havent considered?

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
Take a look at the Flex-a-Lite products. I am running the dual engine/trans cooler with built-in fan & thermo. Its a great looking unit, very quite and reasonably priced. It also fits perfect on the passenger inner fender well.
I'm also running an 18" Derale radiator fan, it makes a lot of noise compared to the flex-a-lite. I think its just a lower quality fan.

PaulS

Loc.
Greater Seattle area
You will always remember how the cheap part failed and how pleased you are with the function of the high quality part. You will rarely remember the cost of quality.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
They are both stacked plate designs. I would consider them equal. Either will be fine. flip a coin.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I am installing a B&M stacked plate design cooler. I am using an 8" permacool fan and running a separate thermostat inline with a large filter. I'll post up on what the pros and cons are when I get it all going.