• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New fender

doghauler

Loc.
Western WA State
I'm putting a new fender on, it is currently black primer. What do you all suggest for the inside? I was thinking sand, prime, and undercoat. (mine is a sunday driver, not much wheeling)
Thanks.

cams 76

Loc.
brookings
if its a new fender its pre-primed. we used to just scuff them with a red scotch brite use a sealer and paint them. they will rust from the uv rays breaking the primer down if you dont coat it in decent amount of time.for the underside i dont think you would need to prime it again before you undercoat it.

MADHATTER

Scratch the undercoat that stuff is so 1977-83. All it does when the elasticity wears out is lets water get stuck behind it and rustola!

Whan you want to do if possible hit it with rocker shultz and epoxy primer underneath and then paint both inside and out body color. Get the door posts too while you are at it!