• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

00 exploder 5.0...something to get?

Cavalry

Loc.
I HATE UPSTATE NY
I have wanted to pick up a EFI 5.0 for awhile. I found a rolled 00 explorer with 150K on it (not so great) It runs and drives so I know the engine is good. I can get the engine and complete front dress for $300 ( I like that part)

what do you think?

I have already accumulated most everything else I need for the swap.

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
I would you could spend that much just looking for the front dress that everyone wants

Brian

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Don't forget the back brakes, from the backing plate out. If you don't want them grab em anyway, somebody will take them... Let me know what you want for them (hint hint).

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Awesome deal, i have two 5.0 explorers. Both go real good, would love to put that setup in mine.

mattt

Bronco Guru
Don't forget the back brakes, from the backing plate out. If you don't want them grab em anyway, somebody will take them... Let me know what you want for them (hint hint).

I've asked about these rear discs in the past, and didn't get a conclusive answer. What does it take to make those rear discs work on an EB....short of having the lug pattern re-drilled to 5 on 5.5?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I've asked about these rear discs in the past, and didn't get a conclusive answer. What does it take to make those rear discs work on an EB....short of having the lug pattern re-drilled to 5 on 5.5?

An axle housing with the right bolt pattern for the brakes to fit
Axle shafts with the correct offset.
I want to say only the '77 has the right axles.