• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 swap

roystoys

swaping in 351 from 89 f250.Its manual so can i get auto flex plate 4 an 89 and will it bolt 2 my 76 converter?Will 3o2 headers work.What about oil pan.can i use the front serp set up on the 351.Going with bc adapter and 302 efi will it fit under stock hood.thanks 4 any help see alot have 351 interested in hear what u used

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
I may have the flex plate very good shape and trany shield too will know soon ( I have them but my go to a friend)

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Tou can use the original '76 302 flexplate. Don't need to buy anything else unless your old one is bad.

302 headers may or may not work. Mine didn't, others did. I think my old 302 headers were Hooker (passenger side with 2 pipes under the motor mount and 2 over the mount). If you know what kind of headers they are you can look them up and see if they are listed for a 351 and get a better idea if they will work.

Oil pan will have to be a 351 pan. The rear sump F-series pan generally works but the diff will dent the pan the first time you bottom it out. Many of us run that way, expecially if we already have the pan.