• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Striped bolt hole 2150 Carb

65fordstang

Loc.
East Wenatchee, WA
Alright, one of the screws holes on the cover of the accelerator pump on the 2150 carbon my 351 is striped and will not allow for a good seal. This in turn end up squirting more fuel into the engine compartment than into the engine its self. So what would be the smart way to repair this, bore it out and tap is for the next size bigger bolt or use a heli coil?

Here are two picture of said bolt in case I am calling what I think is the accelerator pump something completely wrong.

2150002.jpg

2150001.jpg

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Helicoil will be stronger. also those carbs are plentliful should be able to pick one up for about the same price as a helicoil kit. Heck passed up a few free ones becuase I just had no use for them.