• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wheel spacers

irwin

Loc.
redding
I run 1 1/4 spacers got off and ebay store for half the price of wild horses spacers look the same to me althought the ebay store was ran buy a lying scumback but i got the merchan dise the spacers work fine no promblems;D

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
I run 1 1/4" spacers... work fine, no problems.

Ditto. No problems to date and I've ran 'em on- & off-road over a course of several years on an array of vehicles. I've heard that they may not be street legal in some states so you may want to check your local laws.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I run 1-1/4 spacers I got on ebay for 1/2 the price of the bronco vendors too. I didn't know the guy was a lying scumbag though. :)

He forgot to put the lug nuts in with the spacers. When I called he apologized and gave me the choice of waiting fo rhim to ship or me just going to the parts store. I had paid with paypal and he reimbursed me for the cost of the lug nuts at O'riely in full, without even asking for a reciept or anything.

So he treated me pretty well.

They appear to be well made and I have run them about two ytears now with no problems. For the cost savings I do not think I would have cared too much even if he hadn't reimbursed me.

backpain

Bronco Guru
I'll probably end up with 1.25" even though I may not go with the wider tires to require them - simply to widen the stance a bit. No one has had axle or bearing wear issues? No one with broken studs or loosening nuts? Anyone have evidence that any certain sellers are not using good quality studs? How many road miles have you put on these? These are the things I worry about.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I've been running 1.5" that I got from Polyperformance for a few years now. No problems or issues.

Do check your lug nut torque for the first few outings (inners and outers) Once they 'settle in' you'll be good to go.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I've run my E-bay el-cheapo 1.5 inch wheel spacers on both front and rear for a couple months now. Both off-road, and highway daily driving. checked them several times, but they have not become loose on me yet....

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
I went with the 1.5" ebay spacers too. Just installed them this weekend and have only driven on them once.

They got my 35X12.50 tires out of the radius arms which was WAY WORTH it.