• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carb Set-up?

3wheelin

I am considering replacing my carb.. I re-built it and it got me by for close to a year but is acting up. Also, some of the screw on the accelerator pump cover had been heli coiled and I am not so sure the throttle shaft bore is not wallered out.

Any suggestions on what carb for the hills that might Fair better on the steep hills? Any thoughts on just converting the fuel injection??

72' 302

thanks...

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Quadrajet or Holley Truck Avenger.

EFI is good, if you are up for it, read up on the swap at fordfuelinjection.com

Grant

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
If you currently have a stock 2 barrel then I'd stick with it just get a rebuilt one from the parts store they are very reliable carbs and out perform most of the others. It will also be cheaper because no other parts are needed.

broncobandit

Im running a edelbrock manifold and a 600cfm carb so far I really like the setup
if I was rock crawling at Moab I would go fuel inj. My fuel milage increased and
my performance is better.Butif your trying to save money stay with stock 2bbl.