• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Edelbrock 600cfm pic

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
I need a picture of the throttle linkage on the side of an edelbrock, I need to see if I have the right linkage setup.

77Red

Loc.
Arlington, TX
Here you go. If it's a stock edelbrock carb, the ford linkage for it is edelbrock part# 1483.

web.jpg

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
as in the one for the kickdown linkage? One way to tell if that is what you are looking for is to take a look at the throttle linkage on the firewall. If the rod is parallel with the engine then you don't have it. If it is at an angle it does. Plus there will be another linkage on there that will move after the throttle rod is hooked up.

OP
OP
oh2bnok

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
Mine seems different. The # on that piece is 1814-55 does that tell anything. Probably a chevy hook up or worse a heep.

Attachments

• carb 001.jpg
    carb 001.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 63
  • carb 002.jpg
    carb 002.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
oh2bnok

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
Ok I get it now. Order the part from summit and install. Probably could have saved me from getting a throttle cable. duh

Thanks

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
I have pics I can send you... just pm me your email and I will send them to you.

I have an Edelbrock 4 barrel with a Lokar throttle cable and kickdown cable.

There seems to be a lot of questions lately about kickdown cables.

Matt

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
The cable is supposed to mount to where the wallowed out hole is on the upper portion of that throttle lever near the big spring circle. The carb orginally came with a ball stud mount for that. The cable should be better than the stock linkage anyway.