• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HO Wiring Harness

BroncoBrummet

Loc.
Spring Creek , NV
just trying to see what everyone else thinks. I have the wiring harness for my 92 HO and was wondering should I modify that to fit or break down and buy the aftermarket wiring harness. Im a heavy equipment mechanic by trade so i do know a little:)

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I look at it like this, do you want 16 year old wires and connecters or new ones? If your harness looks like any I've pulled, I'd go new. I did see a guy clean up a 74 bronco harness, that looked like new once...

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I look at it like this, do you want 16 year old wires and connecters or new ones? If your harness looks like any I've pulled, I'd go new. I did see a guy clean up a 74 bronco harness, that looked like new once...

Well theres nothing wrong with what you get back from Ric, If you send him trash he will tell you it can't be saved. Many connectors are new, and it is totally dismantled and reworked. If you already have an unmolested mustang harness, this is the ticket.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
OK, try this. Take the harness apart and try to rework it. Lay it out on a large board like it will be under the hood. strip out what you don't need, move what you want to where you want. Use a meter to check your work before you wrap it back up.

If you screw it up too bad, go for your plan B and get that aftermarket harness. But if you have a little time it isn't bad to rework the old one. There are great reference materials out now like www.fordfuelinjection.com that can give you the pin outs so you can check each wire off the ECM before you put it together.

Galt72

Contributor
Ric did my harness and it came out great. Three wires and a few grounds all labeled. I was up and running in an hour. I was totally impressed with his product and highly recommend him.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I redid a 90 mustang harness on mine. IT really wasn't too bad. Takes some time. If the harness is in good shape I wouild try to use it if I were you. That being said on the 77 I am starting restoring I am probably going to buy a harness just to match the rest of the truck having new wiring.