• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is the stock height of an EB?

rescueweasel

Loc.
Bullhead City, AZ
I have purchased a 71 Bronco that had been modified in a few ways by its previous owner, who is not around to tell me what exactly he did.

I want to know that the stock height of an EB is and how I can determine if my has been lifted and how much lift it has if any.

To complicate matters it has 33" tires on 15 Inch rims, I'm not sure what the stock tire wheel combo for the bronco was.

Any bronco height experts I need your help.

73bronco

Measure between the front axle housing and the bottom of the frame. Around 7" is stock height. Anything above that is how much lift you have.

OP
OP
rescueweasel

rescueweasel

Loc.
Bullhead City, AZ
Ok, Measured from the top of the front axle tube near the bump stop to the bottom of the frame and got 7" So I guess its stock height.

The front coils did not look original and the rear leafs are 5 pieces with a thick 6th piece on the bottom of the stack.

These things threw me and made me think it was not stock.