• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oil flow through PCV problem

pooterpot

Loc.
Lumberton, Texas
I just installed my new motor with EFI and was breaking it in. after 5 minutes of running blue smoke started pouring out the exhaust. I took off the intake to look for the cause and found that oil was coming into the intake through the pcv and lots of it. i have the hose from the valve cover going to the TB and the hose from the lower intake PCV to the upper like im suppose to. i have the metal screen under the PCV. also my engine is making a tapping noise. so i was thinking maybe a ring is messed up. i still need to check compression. anyone have any other ideas?

OP
OP
pooterpot

pooterpot

Loc.
Lumberton, Texas
i dont think there is a baffle . its a edelbrock performer intake. i dont remember getting one with the intake when i bought it.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
hmmm, because stock lower mani's have a substantially protective baffle to keep the oil from splashing into the screen and getting sucked through......

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
is this it? http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/138_0308_edelbrock_performer_50_manifold/photo_14.html

if so.. i found it :D somehow it got inside the box my distributor came in. now i gotta take the intake off...again. *sigh* will it ever end

In your link it shows a picture of the PCV hole. Just make sure you use a good (Motorcraft) PCV & screen. Any Ford dealer will have it. Autozone PCV's didn't work for me. Also make sure you have the line from your throttle body connected to the oil spout on the valve cover. Mine passed a lot of oil through the PCV until I got a good one.