• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

York with serpentine?

Cavalry

Loc.
I HATE UPSTATE NY
I have a york on my v belt equipped 302. I am looking to buy a 00 5.0 from a explorer. Kilby has a serpentine clutch for $150 but I am kinda cheap so I would rather not go that route, since I just bought a new clutch for the vbelt.

Is there something that swaps easily, or will I be forced to use a crank v belt pulley and come up with yet again a mounting bracket for the york.

Does anyone have a pic of the Explorer dress so I can figure out where I can stick this thing?

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
the explores normally use a Sadan pump as do most EFI fords
I bet you could mount the york
F**** Kiliby. R$150???
You can machine the V grove out off the pulley and it will fit the serp belt.
My roomate can do yours if you want to deal with the ups here and back
might be cheaper to go to a real machine shop

If you want a sadan pump with brakets I have one off a T bird motor I can sell you as well

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I have been thinking of this too. I have the explorer dress to go on a 5.0 sometime in the next couple of months. I also have a York that I have been saving for a few years now to use as OBA. It looks like the York could be used but the mounting would have to be reworked between it and the exp. bracket. In short, it won't bolt directly on. I haven't researched a serp. drive for the York yet.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Explorer 5.0's don't have Sanden pumps, even though they may look like one at first glance. They are made by Visteon and they are a whole different animal. They also don't last very long if you use them for onboard air. I burned up two of them before I started looking for another solution. There is a Sanden pump out in Ford-land that's a near bolt-on, but it does take a bit of effort. A York would be nice, but it would be a tight squeeze to stuff one where the stock pump lives. Inner fenderwell gets in the way, and if you have a stock hood you'll need a lot of body lift.

Some Sanden-onto-Explorer info: http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3186

OP
OP
Cavalry

Cavalry

Loc.
I HATE UPSTATE NY
You can machine the V grove out off the pulley and it will fit the serp belt.
My roomate can do yours if you want to deal with the ups here and back
might be cheaper to go to a real machine shop

thanks but I have a mill and lathe so I machine whatever I need in house. I will have to un bury my rig and look at the pulley but I dont remember it having that much meat to machine off?