• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

floor pan/door insert questions

77pony

Loc.
Utah
I have a few Q's.

I'm preparing to replace my floor pans. I see that Tom's has them with ribs and without. I assume the ribs are for rigidity. Are the flat ones flimsy? Any recommendations one way or the other? I will hercu-line it when I'm done and probably have a rubber mat on top of that.

How do you keep water from collecting under door inserts? I haven't actually installed inserts yet (it's on the list) so I'm not exactly sure how they sit in the doorway, but I imagine water and crud will get down under them and have no way out. Is it a problem?

Thanks. -al

spatacuulous

Loc.
philadelphia
I got the ones with the ribs. Dont know why, just did. I cant imagine the flat being more flimbsy though. Get whatever's cheaper. I herculined my floors and it's awesome except where my heel rests for the gas pedal. So the rubber mat would be a good idea.

Don't know anything about the inserts.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
The ribbed pans more closely match the stock floor... I am sure they add a little rigidity but its not a big area and there's a support that runs under it. I think it just comes down to preference. Also not sure about the inserts.

SeaninSt.Cloud

To the best of my knowledge...(I am a reformed J@#P man)....Ribbed ones are more expensive and give it that stock look. Most people do not know Broncos well enough to know that flat floor pans are not original. So, if you are making it an "original restoration" you would probably want the ribbed ones.

Sorry, no comment on door inserts, as I have no doors or inserts;D