• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

pedal height measurements

79driver

I have gotten around to hooking up the pedals in my bronco and when i sit in the seat, i get the "Knee's in my chest feeling" I also noticed that my pedals sit pretty high above the floor. Can some of you guys measure the pedal height from the "pedal pad" (where your foot sits) to the floor? Also can you put your foot under any of the pedals and lift them toward you from their "at rest" positions. ? thanks in advance

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
Maybe I can help. This is from a shop manual. Measure the total travel of the pedal. Should be between 6.75 - 7.0 inches In the manual it shows to hook a tape measure under the clutch pad and extend it up to the lower portion of the steering wheel, then depress the pedal. That allows you to easily measure the travel once the clutch is depressed. That is if you have a stock steering wheel will the measure be correct.

Then it says if the travel is not within the tolerance loosen the lock nut and move the clutch pedal bumper and bracket up or down.

Does that help

OP
OP
79driver

79driver

that does help for the clutch, but i still need the measures for the other 2. Bump...