• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lokar shifter question

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The problem with that is there is a transfer case shifter that goes right there as well.

I did a floor mount shifter, but the rod they supply couldn't snake to the transmission. So I bought a cable and converted the floor mount shifter to cable shift. Since then I hear that they have cable shifters.

OP
OP
1sicbronconut

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A little diffrent with a Atlas in there ;D I guess I should have mentioned that. See ya in two weeks at the Stampede.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I bought the floor model.
If your search my name and lokar it should turn up some pic's.

onebadd73

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca.
I have a tail mounted Lokar shifter. I also have have a twin stick for my J shift transfer case. I didn't have any issues mounting it. When I installed I didn't have a body lift either. I ended up cutting the bracket that bolts to the back of the bell housing to rotate the shifter back some. You will also loose your safety neutral switch and reverse lights.

DSC01043.jpg

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I used the tailshaft mount. I had to modify it slightly but it worked just fine. The T case shifter is close to the Lokar, but It wasn't a problem for me.
Tom